On 2 September 2021 we held the second annual workshop on the mapping tools project (libmapper and the surrounding tools). This year we had presentations and discussions covering:
- recent related projects and publications
- map expression syntax for supporting reducing over vectors, signal history, signal instances, and inputs to convergent maps.
- improving distribution via package managers
- using libmapper on embedded platforms including ESP32, Raspberry Pi, and Bela
- integration with the game engines Godot and Unity
- using MediaPipe as a libmapper source device
- implications of the upcoming MIDI 2.0 protocol for interfacing with commercial hardware and software
- proposals for future applications
Video documentation of the workshop will be posted soon!