Description from the Integra II project description:
Integra brings together six research centres and five new music ensembles and is led by Birmingham Conservatoire at Birmingham City University in the UK. We are developing a new software environment to make music with live electronics, modernising works that use old technology, commissioning composers and overseeing an exciting programme of performances.
Aims: To establish a European performance tradition of music with live electronics; promote interdisciplinary dialogue between scientific and artistic communities; encourage the creation of new work using technology across art forms; support creative use of live electronics technologies within educational institutions; advocate widespread adoption of the Integra software environment – a European composition and performance environment for sharing live music technologies.
Collaborating Research Centres:
- Birmingham Conservatoire (UK)
- CIRMMT – Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Music Media and Technology (Canada)
- IEM – Institut für Elektronische Musik und Akustik (Austria)
- Musikhögskolan i Malmö, Lunds Universitet (Sweden)
- Muzyka Centrum Art Society (Poland)
- NOTAM – Norsk senter for teknologi o musikk og kunst (Norwegian Network for Technology, Acoustics and Music)