We recently posted a teaser video for our project “Instrumented Bodies: Digital Prostheses for Music and Dance Performance” — enjoy!
Here’s a promo video for the project Les Gestes, posted by our collaborators Van Grimde Corps Secrets. The prosthetic digital instruments worn by the dancers were conceived and developed by myself and my colleague Ian Hattwick in the IDMIL.
The project is still underway, but the touring schedule has been established:
- Montréal (Canada) – March 13-16, 2013, Agora de la danse, in partnership with live@CIRMMT
- Lennoxville (Canada) – March 19, 2013, Théâtre Centennial
- Arnhem (The Netherlands) – April 10, 2013, Schouwburg
- Blanc Mesnil (Paris, France) – April 13, 2013, Forum du Blanc Mesnil
- Bruges (Belgium) – April 18, 2013, Concertgebouw
An improvised duo for bass flute and soprano t-stick at the Centro Mexicano para la Música y Artes Sonoras in Morelia, Mexico (29 June, 2012): Salvador Torre, amplified bass flute, and D. Andrew Stewart, soprano t-stick.