Fernando Rocha playing the Hyper-Kalimba in a new piece:
My good friend and colleague Avrum Hollinger created some amazing fMRI-compatible musical instruments while working in the Input Devices and Music Interaction Lab at McGill University. They recently released a video explaining parts of the project and featuring a few of his creations:
We recently posted a teaser video for our project “Instrumented Bodies: Digital Prostheses for Music and Dance Performance” — enjoy!
Here’s a promo video for the project Les Gestes, posted by our collaborators Van Grimde Corps Secrets. The prosthetic digital instruments worn by the dancers were conceived and developed by myself and my colleague Ian Hattwick in the IDMIL.
The project is still underway, but the touring schedule has been established:
- Montréal (Canada) – March 13-16, 2013, Agora de la danse, in partnership with live@CIRMMT
- Lennoxville (Canada) – March 19, 2013, Théâtre Centennial
- Arnhem (The Netherlands) – April 10, 2013, Schouwburg
- Blanc Mesnil (Paris, France) – April 13, 2013, Forum du Blanc Mesnil
- Bruges (Belgium) – April 18, 2013, Concertgebouw